My 10 Favourite Things about Auckland

Today is a blustery, sunny autumn morning in Titirangi. My work is done, my coffee was steamy and strong, and for a few minutes, I feel a complete sense of well being and happiness.

After watching Louis Theroux's disturbing and all-too-sickeningly-familiar documentary on TVNZ One, "Law and Disorder in Johannesburg", I am counting ALL my lucky stars we are here - in New Zealand. I'm so relieved that we tore up decades of roots in Cape Town, South Africa to move to the other end of the earth. That we did it, after years of wondering if we should.

And it has turned out to be so good. In that spirit, I thought I'd list a few of the things I LOVE here after three months. They are simply top notch.

1. West Coast beaches - and 28 other beaches around the Auckland isthmus



2. The public libraries

3. The kids' parks - over 800 public parks

4. The Domain and Auckland Museum.

5. Robert Harris Coffee - French Roast

6. Whittakers Chocolate

7. Sales galore

8. Food Town's International Aisle

9. Hot Springs - all 7 close to Auckland


10. The love for children in NZ

No comments: